Tuesday 18 February 2014

Monday's surprise envelope


This cute envelope was on the top of the card pile I found in the mailbox yesterday. I got very excited right away, as I recognized the cute owls by a Russian artist Inga Paltser (Инга Пальцер). Notice also the lovely Sotchi 2014 stamp and the perfect postmark we Finns can only dream about!

 And what was inside...




THREE awesome postcards, two of them being straight from my favorites and the third one, well - it could have been listed there as well. The first two are by Inga Paltser, the last is by Irina Smirnova (Ирина Смирнова). I have no words, really, it is always such a joy when someone surprises you like this. So once again; thank you so much, Alyona, спасибо большое!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sííííí, they are! :D And there are so many of them available!

      Delete
  2. Niin söpöjä noi pöllöt! :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ne on. :) En ennen korttiharrastusta oikein osannu nimetä mun "lempitaiteilijaa", mutta kortteilun myötä niitä on vuosien varrella kertynyt useampikin!

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, these looks great!
    And aren't perfectly clear postage marks awesome? Though it always bugs me if the mark itself is clear, but then it's not located central on the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! ;)
      And yes, it at times bothers me too, but as it's SO unusual to even get a postage mark here I'm usually just happy to see even a misplaced mark instead of nothing. :)

      Delete
    2. I once got a letter from the Czech Republic and the postage mark was PERFECT - you could read everything, no smears at all - but it was located maybe 5 cms of the stamp and then the stamp only had maybe 0,5 cms of the waves (I think you know what I mean) on it.
      When I take my mail to the post office instead of just dropping it in the mailbox, I always ask them to handstamp it so that I'm at least sending out good postage marks :)

      Delete
    3. Haha, oh yes, agreed, that's a bit annoying. :) I also do the same at times, but as the Finnish Post is reducing pretty much every service they offer, the lines in the post offices are usually quuuite long, so unfortunately I don't think it's always worth queuing. :( If I'm sending something to stamps collectors, then I of course queue patiently. ;)

      Delete
  4. Ihan täydellinen setti! :D Upee kuori, ihanat merkit (ja postileima<3) ja aivan upeet kortit :D Nyt tiiänkin että yks mun Venäjältä tulleista korteista on Irina Smirnovan :) Tuli PC foorumin kautta kun olin laittanu joskus suosikkeihin :D Ja on näköjään väärässä kansiossa kaiken lisäksi :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eikös?! :D Kiva, että tästä postauksesta oli enemmänkin apua. :)

      Delete