Friday 24 April 2015

Received: Royal families

These are cards that I did not start to collect... but after a couple of years I realized that I just had a collection of cards showing members of royal families around the world. I still won't admit I'd be a great fan of kings and queens (I know those people exist), but I have to say that in most of these cards/photos there's some kind of magic that draws one's attention.

En ole koskaan varsinaisesti aloittanut näiden korttien keräämistä... mutta muutaman vuoden kortteilun jälkeen yksinkertaisesti vain tajusin, että minullahan on jo kokoelma kortteja, jotka esittävät kuninkaallisten perheiden jäseniä kaikkialta maailmasta. En edelleenkään myönnä, että olisin minkään sortin kuninkaallisfani (tiedän, että näitäkin ihmisiä on), mutta se on sanottava, että suurimmassa osassa tämäntyyppisiä kortteja/valokuvia on jonkinlaista taikaa, joka vetää katsojan huomion itseensä.

Prince Hans Adam II, and Princess Marie of Liechtenstein
swap from Czech Republic
photo: Anthony Buckley

Felipe VI y Leticia - Reyes de España
private from Spain

swap from Poland

swap from the Netherlands
original stamp designed by Jeffrey Matthews

swap from Denmark
photo by Martin Mydtskov Ronne

RAS from the Netherlands
photo by Lex van Lieshout

No comments:

Post a Comment