Wednesday 13 August 2014

Arrived postcards

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

The day has been a nice and peaceful one - only two work shifts left before my 4-week-long vacation starts, yay!

Today I want to share all the postcards I have received so far this week - aren't they all lovely?! These all have really brightened up my day.

swap-bot children's book illustration swap #42 from the Netherlands
artwork: Dick Bruna

This card had been on an adventure... It had been sent on May and it arrived on the 11th August, after having been missent to Suriname (!!!). The postal system never seems to stop to surprise me.

official card from the USA
photo: Elliott Erwitt

official card from the Netherlands

official card from the USA
artwork by Norman Rockwell, "Family Home from Vacation", 1930

official card from the USA

I love this card so much; it was originally sent from NYC to Mexico in 1946. The sender had bought it in a flea market and added her words to it. Now it's laying on my table. I love this kind of mail surprises.

official card from Spain

card from my Russian pen pal Anastasia who is staying in Vienna, Austria, at the moment

RAS card from the Postcrossing meet-up in Jyväskylä, Finland, on the 8.8.2014

card from my pen pal Anna, Poland

P.S. Today on the news: the Finnish post service is changing its name after 7 "Itella" years of  back to "Posti" - finally! I did see this coming years ago. Now I just hope that they'll drop the prices back to what they were in 2007, hoho.

No comments:

Post a Comment